My love of boating and sharing a meal with friends helped me discover these easy tips on making your experience more relaxing. Organizing a planned event can begin with circulating an email but other times it is somewhat an impromptu excursion. This is when you appreciate all of these handy ideas!
Easy staples that I keep in my cupboard or refrigerator at home include:
- Pasta - Pre-cooked pasta will last for a while in the refrigerator or on ice and makes a great mixer with any seafood or vegetable.
- Shrimp - Keep frozen shrimp on hand. It only takes a few minutes to boil some shrimp and pack them in the cooler. You can munch on them cold or toss them into your pasta.
- Pickles & Olives are great to keep on hand. Use as they are for your snaking tray or toss the olives in your pasta and shrimp.
- Hummus is great as a condiment on a sandwich or as a dip.
- Store small small packets of condiments in a zip lock bag in the fridge. No need to repack, just toss them into your cooler.
- Wraps or Pitas go with everything. Add your veggies, hummus and your shrimp and you have a great lunch or snack.